Thursday, April 14, 2011

Timely Thursday


Today's title refers to the fact that all of my meals were prepared in 16 minutes or less. The turkey hot dogs (all white meat Ball Park, 99% fat free and only 45 calories per link) were sauteed in a pan for 2 minutes on each side and served with ketchup and mustard (I like my condiments) over romaine lettuce and [unpictured] sauteed red pepper, onion, zucchini, and cauliflower (cooked for 5 minutes stovetop).


Dinner was a healthy dose of omega-3 fatty acids in the form of wild salmon cooked in lemon juice and fresh dill for 16 minutes at 425 degrees in the oven. Absolutely melt-in-my mouth (not in my hand). Served with veggie crudite and hummus.

So the moral of timely Thursday is that it does not take a ton of time [or energy] to prepare your meals at home and eat healthy. Tomorrow is Friday . . . countdown to the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment