Thursday, April 21, 2011

Funky Monkey!

The title of my post today has nothing to do with smelly circus or zoo animals, but everything to do with yummy freeze-dried fruit snacks! I received a generous package from Jennifer at Funky Monkey Snack Foods. It was brimming with exotic flavors and unique combinations of ingredients:
There were bananamon (banana and cinnamon, my personal favorite), carnaval mix (tropical fruit, seen below), applemon (apple and cinnamon), jiveAlime (lime and pineapple, reminded me of Sprite), mangOJ (mango and orange juice), and pink pineapple (pineapple covered in guava powder, this was a pretty sweet and would work great in bland foods as a natural sweetener, think oatmeal and quinoa). I loved the "fruit that crunches" concept rather than other freeze-dried fruit products that I have tried which merely dissolve in your mouth leaving you wanting to eat way more than a serving. The individual snack packs were perfect and easy to open (great for kids) for on-the-go snacking. I highly recommend you check out these products (with only 35-45 calories per serving, gluten-free/dairy-free/nut-free and mainly organic) by visiting: http://www.funkymonkeysnacks.com.

I wrote the company telling them to incorporate veggies as their next freeze-dried endeavor. We'll see if they take my advice :)

I didn't have a walking buddy today, but I do own an ipod so that would suffice as a "buddy." I also bring my phone along, for safety, and to chat with family members while I am walking. It's like having several walking buddies, really. I do not live in a neighborhood that is conducive to walking so I drove over to one of the shopping strips and parked in the shade. I headed out to explore someone else's nice walkable neighborhood . . .
It was much cooler than yesterday's walk but still sunny. I managed to pick up a few odds and ends at the grocery store where I parked, on my way back (so efficient and productive!). I am making salmon and asparagus for dinner. I am also gonna "play" with my new toys (err, fruit snacks) to see what confections I can concoct (try saying that 3 times fast). See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment