Thursday, July 28, 2011

How To Be Happy


1. Make other people happy

2. Love what you do

3. Nourish an attitude of gratitude

4. Love someone deeply


After Barbell Strength, I decided to hang out by the pool for a few hours before heading "back to work." I ate my protein bar, drank 20oz of water [unpictured since I had already chugged it], and read some classy/trashy magazines while getting my vitamin D for the day. I also managed to soak in the hot tub for about 10 minutes (yes, I realize it is 91 degrees outside) to soothe my achy muscles. I received a fabulous text that I thought I would share; it is from a client of mine who I have been working with:

" I wanted to thank you so much for all of your help. Although I have been keeping track of calories somewhat throughout the day it's been so different than ever before. I have so much peace of mind right now and feel relaxed after speaking with you. I haven't felt this much confidence in 5 months and simply a little less than an hour of speaking with you has brought that back. Thank you so much."


So number 1 on "how to be happy" is a check :)


Number 2 is an easy one now that I am working for myself and able to really follow my true passion. I LOVE to work with people and help them live better lives. Whether it is simply telling them something about food, cooking, their medical conditions that they did not know; or giving them a new thought process and changing their behavior, I feel like I make a difference. That is my purpose. That is why I got into the field of Nutrition. That is what makes me happy :)


Number 3 goes along with all of my family and friends who have enabled me to follow my dreams. Nothing is worth accomplishing without having special people to share those wonderful experiences and the journey itself, along the way. I try to thank everyone who is part of my journey/day/encounter whenever I can. I thank clients that I work with for making my life more meaningful and challenging. I thank my family for being with me; whether it be for meals, walks, celebrations, or even hard times, they are the backbone of my being. My husband can take credit for number 4, and just when I think I couldn't love him anymore than I already do --- I love him MORE!


So it may be a simple list, but many things in life really are simple. We just make things complicated. The next time you feel down, make your own list. I guarantee a smile by the end of this exercise . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment