Monday, July 25, 2011

Fish and Fore

My title is not only alliterative, but it illustrates how I spent my Monday with Director Doc (before he heads back to a long week at work) . .

Sauteed Tilapia for lunch:
.
4 oz tilapia fillet
2 Tbsp fresh dill
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp olive oil

Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the garlic. Cook garlic for 2 minutes before adding lemon juice to "deglaze" the pan and create a sauce to cook the fish in. Add the tilapia and cook for 2 minutes on each side (it is a thin fish so it cooks quickly-- note: you know when it is time to flip when there is a white border around the fish). Add the dill and cover for a 1 minute just to wilt the dill and allow the fish to rest. Serve over brown rice (I did) or with sauteed veggies (I did as well).

Nine-holes of golf (for him) and 9 holes of walking with a 40# golf bag (I'm a great caddy!!) for me. We just beat out the rain. It was hot but not as bad as it has been all weekend so we took advantage of the sun while it lasted. Afterwards, we hit up Robeks to redeem my GOTR coaching gift card. We shared a Guava-Berry Smoothie, which was a disappointment. Too sweet and not thick enough for my liking (I basically like fro yo with a straw and this was more like thickened juice). We are back at home now and doing work (well he is, I am reading blogs and googling future vacation spots!). Dinner is TBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment