Thursday, July 21, 2011

Heat Wave

The above pictures were taken while I was waiting for my business meeting to start. Reston is a gorgeous town with lakes, upscale shopping and dining options, as well as lots of trails and paths for walkers/bikers/skaters/etc. I treated myself to a Whole Foods lunch after the meeting . . .

Quinoa/chickpea pilaf, Chinese-style "fried" rice with bok choy, dill tuna salad (not as tasty as my favorite cranberry tuna salad), and a fajita-style grilled turkey and pepper/onion medley. I got way-too-much food so that there were plenty of leftovers for another lunch (bonus!).

Startling stat:
Heat waves do more than make us cross and sluggish. Searing temperatures kill more people in the U.S. than hurricanes, lightning, tornadoes, floods and earthquakes combined. (José M. Osorio/Chicago Tribune)

Something that made me smile:
Hi Jennifer,

It's been awhile since I last communicated. I'm still making good progress. I've dropped 35 pounds since starting the plan in late March. The plan you gave me is easy to follow and I've had good success while traveling and eating out. Work in the gym is still 5 days a week, with both cardio and weights.

Thank you, thank you for starting me on a plan that I accept not as a temporary diet, but lifelong.

No comments:

Post a Comment