Saturday, October 8, 2011

Reflections

I would like to use this post as an introspective glimpse into my personal goals and aspirations. Goal-setting has always been a helpful, measurable means of accountability for me [and something I encourage my patients to try as well]. I am breaking up my goals for the coming months into 3 categories: personal, professional, and "coupled." I figure that by posting them, there will be another reminder to keep me honest and on track.

1. Personal Goal: I am learning to listen to my body. It seems to take longer to recover from tough workouts, and my knees so not allow me to complete more than 1 long run weekly. That being said, I feel that I am in great shape and want to maintain the muscle I have gained and aerobic endurance I have built. Since both of my coaching opportunities did not pan out this season, I would like to find another volunteer activity to be involved in.

2. Professional Goal: Since I am really enjoying my current consulting and nutrient coaching projects, I hope to continue them as well as expand my services in the coming months. I want to finish at least one of the books I have started and hopefully continue to gain some media recognition.

3. Coupled Goal: This goal takes two to tango and involves the constant effort of making my marriage extremely fulfilling and filled with love. I vow to help Director Doc de-stress and keep work-related issues in perspective. I also recognize that my domestic skills need some tweaking as I have gotten more reliant on take-out (even from grocery stores) and not as diligent about the cleaning duties; therefore, I aim to limit non-home-cooked meals to once weekly and devoting 10-15 minutes/day to tidying up :)

There you have it! I hope that this post inspired you to consider your own goals and aspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment