Sunday, August 7, 2011

Still Here

I sort of got lost in the blog-o-sphere since August arrived, but I am back. Nothing new to report: work is stable (though not growing as fast as I would like), workouts have been a blast (I have tried a few new classes and instructors that have been challenging and led to meeting some new friends), and my family is doing well (my sister is heading to Paris in a few weeks and DD booked our next vacay).


Thanks so, Monica over at RunEatRepeat, I won the NuNaturals giveaway and plan on doing a full review of their products soon! (I am still testing some recipes and alternative uses for the stevia products)

I will be the Head Coach of GOTR (Girls on the Run) this coming Fall season!
Thank you for registering for the 2011 Girls on the Run 5K to be held on November 19th, 2011 at Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow, Virginia. The 5K will start promptly at 8:30am.
This is a fabulous organization, and I am to volunteer my time and energy for these 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade girls. The program aims to provide a lesson plan centered around building a healthy self esteem and promotes general health to girls. I was a co-head coach last year, and this year I will be the only Head Coach with 2 assistants to help me organize the girls. I will be blogging about some of the lessons we cover as well as my own reflections ( sometimes I get more out of the lessons that the girls do in that it reminds me of some fundamental beliefs and practices that are often lost in the adult world).


No comments:

Post a Comment