Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Meal Planning

Tonight, I planned ahead. Director Doc and I have been trying to establish a food budget and proper meal planning strategies for the week so we are not running to the grocery store daily. I took the initiative to make a list, shop for food on the list (no "it's on sale, I'll buy 10 of them" items), and [my fav part] cook the food and store it in cute snapware containers for plenty of reheatable lunch/dinner options for the week. I also took the time to wash and portion out produce, snack items (I make my own rice cake and pb and apple butter sandwiches as well as trail mix), and general organizing of the pantry, fridge, and freezer. I'll let you know how this experiment pans out in a week!

Fajita turkey burgers made with red peppers, onions, chili powder, garlic powder, and ground turkey breast. A large batch of broccoli, organic chix breasts, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts in a low sodium ginger soy sauce (this was also tonight's dinner, yum!). The leftovers are all stacked below and ready for the fridge :)


No comments:

Post a Comment