Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lots to Update!

Rewind to Wednesday and the end-of-season GOTR party . . .

Here are some race shirt pics:
The girls signed the back :)

I baked a blueberry muffin cake for the GOTR end of season party. It was bittersweet to end such a fun season, but I am looking forward to being Head Coach next season :)

After the party, I stopped by the library to return some magazines and by the time I got back to my car, the skies had opened and a torrential downpour was in progress. I sat in my car until it passed (more because I do not trust others driving in the rain, not my own fantastic driving skills, haha). I wanted something quick for dinner and remembered that I picked up a new (to me) product, Applegate Farm's uncured hot dogs. I sauteed 2 on the stove (we do not have a grill, unfortunately) and served them in lettuce wraps with ketchup, mustard, and one of my fav condiments-- saurkraut!! They were amazing. A little crispy on the outside and the perfect balance of flavor (not too salty or smokey). The nutrition stats are fantastic as well with only 40 calories per link, 3.5g fat, 0g carbs, and 5g protein. No antibiotics. I am a fan and will definitely be making these again (perfect for summer bbques)!

Today was devoted to cleaning and chores. It was way overdue. So I used my new toy, er vacuum cleaner, and got to work!
It is so light weight (the last vacuum we had kept knocking me over and was too big to shlep up and down the stairs). This one is perfect for all of our townhouse levels. The brand is "Shark" and it certainly attacks all of the dirt, hair, and crumbs the two of us accumulate.

Laundry was done and clean sheets + bed made= promise of a great night's sleep!!

Cooking (while I am in my domestic mode, and all) included my take on chicken cacchitore (however you spell it):
I baked off skinless, boneless chicken breasts with garlic powder and dried italian seasoning blend. Diced it up and added it to organic marinara sauce and leftover sauteed veggies (mushrooms, broccoli, onions, and zucchini). Then I made those whole wheat rotini for Director Doc's portion and served mine over sauteed spinach. I also added some shredded mozzarella on top. Yum!!


No comments:

Post a Comment