Monday, May 23, 2011

Forks Over Knives

I intend on participating in National Vegetarian Week (starting today!) and in seeing this film:

While I am not a traditional vegetarian, I do not eat red meat and try to eat more of a plant-based diet. I have seen the studies and research that supports this approach in preventing (and treating) many of the common chronic diseases (i.e., Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Cardiovascular Disease, as well as many Cancers). I strongly believe in eating free-range eggs, poultry, wild fish and seafood, as well as antibiotic-free animal products. The concept of eating whole foods and knowing where your food comes from is not only fascinating to track, but it also makes the most sense in creating a sustainable, healthy food supply. A challenge I urge you readers to participate in, is to spend an entire day eating only foods that you know the origin and can pronounce every ingredient (looks like processed foods will be OUT). Try it and let me know what you learn. I bet you will be surprised at how frequently you eat foods that have been shipped from everywhere but here . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment