Sunday, November 20, 2011

Indian Made Easy



Tandoori chicken with wild rice

I was inspired to make this dish after watching "The Best Thing I Ever Made" and witnessed Aarti's Indian-inspired version of this classic. I made it easier (being that I do not own a spice grinder nor did I have the 23 spices needed for the spice blend on hand)-- Global Foods Market sells the Tandoori spice blend that I added to 1 cup of 0%Fage yogurt and coated the diced chicken, marinated all day, and baked at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Served alongside a simple wild rice blend in my rice cooker (since I have a history of burning grains) to a perfect al dente chew. The verdict: spicy but definitely flavorful. Director Doc cleaned his plate-- always a good sign-- I didn't love it but will play around with the proportion of spices to yogurt and maybe even try a stove top cooking approach. Certainly cheaper than takeout @ $3.30/serving. I also served a simple romaine salad with dried cranberries and diced orange peppers (unpictured).

No comments:

Post a Comment