Monday, September 26, 2011

Motivational Monday




Today's Living Social special is half off of a pole dancing class at DivaFit. Ironically, that is where I had my bachelorette party, per request :) I highly recommend the group setting (especially when you know everyone in your little class) and high energy instructors who provided a routine and dance-like choreography with some quality jams in the background. They even had props for some of the songs. Anyone who knows me knows that it is a requirement to sweat before going out to dinner, so this was a perfect fit for this diva, haha.

New turkey burger recipe served with steamed green beans (and unpictured sweet potato with peanut butter, yum!):
This was super simple, as I used 1# 99% lean ground turkey breast and mixed in 1cup leftover sauteed veggies (zucchini, orange and yellow peppers), 2Tbsp mustard and 1Tbsp ketchup. That is it :)


I rewarded myself for getting all of my "chores" done with a new workout top:
I really like TJ Maxx and am able to "splurge" on quality brands without the crazy prices. The nice thing about these types of workout tanks, is that they are fabulous layering pieces in cold weather (which is coming even though it was 80 degrees today).

I am ALWAYS more motivated to eat healthy and workout when it is FUN! Use these tips-- the next time you have to plan a group activity (friends, coworkers, neighbors, and family alike), try to make it active and not just food-focused. Reward yourself with non-food incentives; they don't have to break the bank either-- paint your nails at home, take a bath (bonus: use bath salts to soothe sore muscles), or create a scrapbook or photo collage for your own use or as a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment