Saturday, September 24, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude

“Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.”

Brian Tracy

For those of you who don't know, I LOVE quotes and am quite the collector. I find them inspiring and thought-provoking which is what I look for in many entertainment venues but am often let down (what, nothing is profound about The Jersey Shore or Keeping Up With Kardashians??). The statement above reflects a mantra that I whole-heartedly support. Every day I try to reflect on how lucky and truly blessed I am to have a fulfilling career, supportive family, and the opportunity to touch a diverse population in a unique way. I encourage everyone to keep this thought in the forefront of their minds on a daily basis and never stop learning, growing, and giving . . .

Whole Foods salad bar "lunch box:"

beet salad, artichokes, quinoa and cabbage slaw, couscous with sweet potato and cranberries (I must recreate this!), grilled chicken, and the best tuna salad atop spinach

The beauty of buying this box is that it serves as two meals that can be divvied-up and served with more veggies and a whole grain. I always tell clients that buffets do not need to be intimidating as long as you choose items that you truly want to use for your daily caloric budget. You can fill-in with other high-volume [fiber-rich] foods to make the most of this economical and fun way of eating! Try it.


No comments:

Post a Comment