Thursday, June 16, 2011

Venting (you were warned)

One of the reasons I created this blog, was to develop an outlet that would allow me to [healthfully] get some frustrations aired and hopefully resolved [or at least not pent up and allowed to fester]. I really love what I do for a living. I realized that I tend to expect the worst while I was on my way to meet a patient this morning. I missed the last BodyPump class at the gym [which is closing next week, don';t get me started on that drama]. I realized 20 minutes into my drive that I forgot to bring my sneakers to do my own weight training session after the consult. [You better believe I made an illegal U-turn and high-tailed it home for the treads.] I was almost the victim of 2 automobile accidents, both of the drivers were texting while driving, coincidentally. I forgot my ipod (maybe I need to invest in some gingko). It rained for the 10 minutes I decided to mow the lawn. I contracted a rash all over my legs from said lawn-mowing. I am convinced my neighbors are growing illegal substances which are germinating our backyard [more like rear Kilaminjaro, if you ever need a calf workout just climb our backyard a few times]. I went to Harris Teeter (mistake #1) for 2 items: veganaise and jicama. I left with $40 of who the hell knows what (mistake #2) and decided to put the bags in the front seat (mistake #3). New car= not so new smell anymore. Anyone want a pickle? I had a craving . . . Ok, I think I am done. I will leave you with a positive thought, and thank you for bearing with me on that crazy journey:

"Hope is important
because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear.
If we believe that tomorrow will be better,
we can bear a hardship today."

Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments:

Post a Comment