Thursday, June 2, 2011

Recent Eats

We shall travel back in time . . . this is tonight's dinner: salmon with lemon juice and rosemary covered in spinach (after cooking the fish) and served with raw carrots and yellow peppers, strawberries, and quinoa pilaf with garlic hummus. Easy, tasty, and of course, nutritious-- my kind of meal!
Last night's dinner: stir fry chicken made with Ken's low sodium sesame ginger sauce and served with steamed zucchini, mushrooms, and yellow peppers. Much cheaper than take-out and much better for you.

Tuesday night I went over to my parent's house for dinner and a sweaty walk (it was 96 degrees-- HELLO summer weather!): [unpictured] barbecued chicken served with homemade hash browns and grilled onions and pineapple (everything tastes better on the grill) along with plenty of dad's famous guac and unsalted tortilla chips.

Monday night's dinner: shrimp (I found some in the freezer and figured they defrost quickly by placing in cool water for a few minutes) thrown in the saute pan with olive oil, garlic powder, ginger, and low sodium soy sauce along with a massive veggie load (broccoli, chinese cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, water chestnuts, and baby corn). I served it alongside steamed brown rice and called it a day . .. short for a day's worth of fiber and antioxidants in one meal, go me :)

Well I think we are all caught up. Back tomorrow for some "Fitness Friday" tips. Speaking of fitness, I have a meeting tomorrow as the Head Coach for GOTR Fall 2011!!

No comments:

Post a Comment